Home Confetti: Lollipops for Baby

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Lollipops for Baby


Not real lollipops, of course! But lollipops made with baby washcloths. I made this for a friend of mine, who recently had a baby girl. I thought it was a cute alternative to a diaper wreath or cake, so wanted to share it with you.

I referenced this tutorial here, but did a couple of things differently.
  • Once I rolled the washcloth, I secured it with some scotch tape.
  • I didn't have small, clear rubberbands on hand, so I just tied the cellophane bags with regular curling ribbon, and it seemed to hold up well.
The tutorial notes this, but make sure to use washcloths that have the trim, otherwise you won't get the "swirl" in the lollipop.

I picked up a cute tub at Target, included some baby wash with a ribbon and garnished it with pink grass I had from Easter (yes, I save everything!). So easy and she really appreciated it! This can turn into a bigger gift basket or even as a shower centerpiece that the mom-to-be can take home.

3 comments:

 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips