Home Confetti: Featured Etsy Seller: Candy Apple Designs

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Featured Etsy Seller: Candy Apple Designs

One of the biggest rewards for me personally about blogging is meeting so many creative people. I just love to meet other people who get the same joy from the little things I do! (And who don't think I'm crazy if I want to add a crepe paper trim to a cakestand! ha) But really, whether it's paper crafting, sewing, writing, painting, photography, woodworking... a person's craft really offers a different side to someone you might not normally see. And in many ways, you actually learn more about that person because they use their craft as a personal, expressive outlet. Low and behold, because of this blog, I discovered that one of my neighbor friends, Sherae Christensen, is a little creative maven! Home Confetti sparked a conversation between us. I went over to her house and discovered all the wonderful things she crafts--mostly with vinyl. And holy smokes–she even has her own etsy shop–who knew?!! Now, she won't be able to get rid of me! Once I saw what she does, I immediately asked her to create 3 Halloween-themed canvases, using her vinyl designs. I want to hang them in my dining room, which will be the "buffet room" for our Halloween open house party. She suggested the choice of illustrations and color, and off she went! Aren't these great?! I love how they turned out! I took these photos with my little digital camera, so BY NO MEANS do these photos do the artwork justice! These are a great way to add some festive, and a more sophisticated Halloween decoration, to your home.

You can visit Sherae's shop on etsy.com, Candy Apple Designs, here. What you'll find is just the tip of the iceberg of what she can do. She welcomes custom requests as well. For those of you here in No. Colorado, I'm sure you can set up a time to see her crafts. (Contact her through her etsy shop.) Sherae will be doing a "home show" next month and I'll be sure to let you know when that is! In the meantime, please visit her shop and make sure to tell her Home Confetti sent you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips