Home Confetti: TOTALLY FUN PARTY ACTIVITY: JUST DANCE KIDS 2014

Friday, November 22, 2013

TOTALLY FUN PARTY ACTIVITY: JUST DANCE KIDS 2014


We already own JUST DANCE 2 and love it!  So when Ubisoft sent me the new JUST DANCE KIDS 2014 video game for Wii to review my girls tore it open and immediately wanted to play it!
OVERVIEW: For those of you who may not be familiar with the product, it's a fun video game that lets kids follow dance steps to popular tunes, using colorful graphics. It's a great way to get kids and parents up and moving! We were sent JUST DANCE KIDS 2014 which is targeted to the under age 10 set, plus parents.

THE MUSIC:  There are over 30 fun songs to choose from. For the really young kids there are songs from Yo Gabba Gabba and The Wiggles.  My girls are 7 and they jumped for joy when they saw Victoria Justice, One Direction and Selena Gomez on the list! The songs are all kid-friendly and I didn't have to worry about any inappropriate lyrics. You have the option to turn the lyrics on and off, so kids can sing along as they dance.  For our first time, we opted to keep the lyrics off so we could just concentrate on following the dance moves.  I always get a chuckle when I see the music chosen for parents.  Included are songs like "Shout" and "Do You Love Me?" Yes, we like those songs, but even parents love the current pop tunes, and frankly, those are the ones I personally enjoy.

THE DANCING:  The dances are led by actual kids, set in different backdrops.  For the most part, Renee and Siena were able to keep up with the dance steps, and I assume the more difficult songs will get easier the more they use it.  The degree of difficulty is given for each song. However, the girls went by their favorite songs over how hard the moves might be.  The graphics are very clear and fun to watch.
OUR FAVORITE FEATURES:  Having twins (or two siblings) the duets were ideal!  That's when there are actually two figures on the screen doing complementary dance moves. Renee and Siena loved that option, and they could track their own individual scores.  There are even songs with 3 dance figures.  We have multiple remotes so I was even able to jump in and enjoy a couple of songs along with the girls!  And I hate to admit, I was a bit out of breath by the end of it!  I also liked the option of being able to set our own play list so we didn't have to stop and choose a song each time we were done with one.

GREAT PARTY ACTIVITY:  If you have the room, and you don't care about keeping score, this is a really fun activity to have at a rock star party!  Or any party where you want to get the kids moving.  Renee and Siena have already enjoyed it on play dates, too.

PERFECT HOLIDAY GIFT: JUST DANCE KIDS 2014 would make such a great gift!  It's now available on Amazon and Game StopAs we head into the colder weather, it's a great motivator to get the kids moving, since outside play will be limited. And it's great exercise for moms, too!  I certainly plan to jump in when I can, and get some quality fun time with the kids–or just do it on my own! ;)

Check out the Ubisoft blog and the Just Dance Facebook page to find more information about all the games in the Just Dance family!

Happy dancing!

I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

4 comments:

  1. Great review. I am putting that on my kids Christmas list. Seems like this would appeal to all four of my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the review, maybe for Victoria's 4th birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun...we are always looking for an activity that the whole family will enjoy and gets us up and moving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. we have a big family with lots of kids. Can't wait to buy this version for the younger kids who sometimes feel like they can't keep up with the other versions. Looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete

 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips