Home Confetti: O Christmas Trees

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

O Christmas Trees

Just like the DIY Wreaths I featured here, there are sooo many beautiful and creative DIY trees you can make to adorn your homes. It was so hard to narrow them down to eight! I seriously could have made this 20 trees long! Here are a few of my top favorites. I hope these inspire you to add a little Christmas tree to your tabletop or mantle.

Tis the season to glitter! Aren't these so pretty? At left: Love the way the glitter gives this tree a sweet wintry feel. Follow the directions here at Lorajeans Magazine, or you can create this tree with felt circles as shown here. At right: The red glitter tree is so elegant and I especially love the way it was placed in a gold pot! The dangling ornament topper of the other tree gives it a cute quirky feel. Get the double dose of tree how-to here from "her beautiful mess."

Left: How adorable is that little bird perched at the top on the middle tree? The homespun yarn certainly gives these trees a cozy feel. Get the how-to at Pretty Ditty here. Right: These trees are made from mini beads found at Joann's and could be used even for a wedding! So unique. Set on silver candleholders they would be perfect for a winter wonderland tablescape. Find the full post here at All Things Heart and Home.

Here are two trees made with paper. The first one at left may look familiar because I posted it on our Facebook page a while ago. The colorful whimsy look makes it one of my favorites. Find the project here at crate paper. At right is a simple tree from Bird Crafts that only uses paper! Find the tutorial and template here.

This twine and ribbon tree is a showstopper! Perfect for a rustic woodland table or party. Find the complete tutorial for this one and other variations at Lemon Tree Creations here. And finally, here is a traditional ribbon tree that is simple to make and offers many possibilities. I like this color scheme because you can easily keep it out to New Year's. Find the how-to here from The Elephant's Trunk.

3 comments:

  1. I love the cratepaper tree! This year's large Christmas tree (at my home) is made of chicken wire and fabric strips so I needed more whimsical decorations than the ones I already owned... this little tree is PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic ideas & inspiration! Mini beads tree from Joann's is my fav, so chic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I want to have a craft night to raid Michael's and Joann's and make all these fantastic trees!

    ReplyDelete

 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips