Home Confetti: Queen of Hearts Party Centerpiece

Friday, July 8, 2011

Queen of Hearts Party Centerpiece

Here's the last DIY from the Queen of Hearts party. Since I often post other people's projects, it's been really fun sharing projects that I've personally done with you. I hope you're able to use or modify them in your own way.

So, this is not so much a tutorial, but more of a know-how on what I used to create the cake centerpiece as the focal point for the tea party table.

Materials:
  • 1 Pre-made yellow foam crown from Michaels ($1)
  • 1 Package of Heart Picks (6 for $1 at Dollar Store)
  • 3 Sheets of red diamond scrapbook paper (Valentine's clearance $.29 per sheet)
  • 4 sheets of yellow scrapbook paper ($.59 each) (I ended up not using the purple sheets)
  • 2 Red glitter foam sheets
  • Double-sided tape
  • Mod Podge and foam brush
  • Scissors
  • One 9.5" Paper Mache Round "Hat Box" ($2.25 - was 50% off at Hobby Lobby)
  • One 13" Paper Mache Round "Hat Box" ($3.00 - was 50% off at Hobby Lobby)
Money-saving tip: If you know in advance what kind of party you're having, you'll save money. The heart scrapbook paper was on clearance after Valentine's Day. Plus, you have time to watch for sales, as I did with the hat boxes. My husband thinks I'm crazy for planning far in advance, but I wish he'd acknowledge the money I save!

Below is a glance of what I did to bring it all together. Each component sat on one another; they weren't physically glued together.

If you're just joining Home Confetti, you can find the original party posts here, here and here.
Cheers!

Linking to:

5 comments:

  1. Well Rosemarie, I just had a great time linking around to see all the posts about your fabulous Queen of Hearts party for your girls! It was spectacular and I'm sure your girls will remember it forever. This centerpiece is so clever and the basic idea has endless possibilites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work! I have to get started on my daughter's birthday party decor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also make a fantastic birthday cake for those who want to blow out candles, but can't eat cake. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips