Home Confetti: "COOK THE BOOKS" BOOK CLUB PARTY

Thursday, March 20, 2014

"COOK THE BOOKS" BOOK CLUB PARTY

I'm finally getting the chance to post the Cook the Books potluck I hosted for my book club over a month ago! In fact, it was the potluck that almost didn't happen because there was about 8 inches of snow outside. But I give these ladies a lot of credit--ten of them persevered and made it to enjoy some good food and good conversation!  Last year when I hosted I played on the "Books" part of the theme. You can see it here. So, this year, I played on the "Cook" part.  And of course, everything was done on a budget.  I pretty much used kitchen items I had. The only items I purchased were the red cutting board, pot holders and red plaid wrapping paper all from the Dollar Tree. A lot of these ideas would work well for a kitchen themed bridal shower, too.
At this point, I was wondering if the table would see any food!
Yea! The food started coming in; each dish inspired by great literature.
Thank you to all the ladies who made it.  It turned out to be a fun night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips