What I Used:
- Cylinder vase (mine is 3 1/2" in diameter)
- Acrylic Paint and foam brush
- (Optional) Buttons or other embellishment
- Stencils (I found mine at Dollar Tree)
- Double-sided tape
- Measure your vase's circumference. Then, estimate how high you want your burlap. I made mine 4 1/2" high. Cut out your strip of burlap.
- Using your foam brush, blot the stencil with the paint until it's well-covered. Then, continue with your pattern throughout the burlap strip. I alternated between large and small flowers. (Process shown below.) Set aside to dry. Once it's dry, apply your embellishments.
- Cut out two pieces of trim lace to fit around your vase. Using double-sided tape, affix the lace to the vase.
- Then, apply the finished burlap over the lace. The double-sided tape I used has managed to hold the burlap as well. However, I'm wondering how long it will continue to hold.
- Enjoy with some flowers!
Also Linking To: