Home Confetti: DIY Baby Favor w/Printable

Thursday, March 24, 2011

DIY Baby Favor w/Printable


A friend of mine asked me to come up with a baby shower favor. There wasn't a theme to the shower and we didn't know the gender so I didn't have too much to go on. But, as I was brainstorming generic baby phrases like "pea in a pod"... a light bulb went off when I came to "Bundle of Joy." Everyone is coming together to celebrate the mom-to-be's new bundle of joy... why not send guests home with a bundle of joy of their own–in the form of cute gifts they unwrap on their own? Cute, right?! Luckily, my friend loved the idea. Since this is a friend who lives in a different state, I photographed a tutorial for her, and am now happy to share it with you!

What You Need:
  • A clear, plastic ornament ball (I purchased mine at Hobby Lobby, where they're available beyond Christmas)
  • Two small sized prizes that will fit in the ornament (I used small nail polish and a cute flower lip gloss I found at Michaels)
  • Three colors of crepe paper
  • Flat and flexible prizes. I used a cupcake stencil, rhinestone body art and hairbands–all found in Michael's $1 bins
  • Ribbon
  • Double-sided tape
  • Bundle of Joy printable. DOWNLOAD PRINTABLE HERE. Different colors and sizes provided on the PDF.
What To Do:
Put your two small prizes in the ornament ball and close. Completely wrap the ball with your first crepe color. Make sure the entire ball is covered. Then add another layer to smooth out the crepe paper.

Add your next prize. In this case, the hairbands were really easy to keep in place. Then wrap with your next color. And again, add another layer to smooth it out.

One by one, add each of your prizes... you get the picture! I ended with yellow, since we didn't know the baby's gender.

Wrap the finished ball with a pretty ribbon, securing it with double-sided tape. Print out the Bundle of Joy label, stick it on and you're done! Guests will have so much fun revealing each prize in their favor!

If you need help with a favor for a party, let me know! I would love to help!


Linking to:

8 comments:

  1. Great idea! Very cute! Thanks for linking up to my Catch a Glimpse party! Always nice to see a new face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever idea! I saw your link on the CSI project! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute and clever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Cute! Saw it at 30 Handmade Days! Check me out at www.juiceboxdreams.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Cute! Saw you at 30 Handmade Days....check me out at www.juiceboxdreams.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! What a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips