Home Confetti: OUR NEW YEAR'S EVE

Monday, January 6, 2014

OUR NEW YEAR'S EVE

Happy new year!  I did not intend to take this much time off, but honestly it was so nice being able to just relax and do nothing the last couple of weeks. I really just watched movies, caught up on reading, got rid of stuff in storage--it was great.  We did host New Year's Eve, which I always enjoy doing.  It was totally done on a budget.  I had a lot of stuff leftover from past New Years--including napkins and a banner. We had six couples over and their kids. It was a blast.  Unfortunately, I didn't get any good photos of the resolution photo op. I had everyone write their resolution on a dry erase board and take their photo with it.  No one managed to hold the camera steady!  ha.  But here are photos of most of the setup.
Mr. Snowman is a a cream cheese ball. We also served chocolate covered strawberries, spinach and artichoke dip, cheese cubes, veggies with dip and peppermint trifles in mini mason jars.
Gold star plates from The Dollar Tree dressed up the kitchen bar area. I stuck gold star stickers on black cups to match. Mini ball ornaments and tinsel filled glasses for quick decor.
A time capsule kids filled out became their party favor. I found cylinder cookie tins at Hobby Lobby for 66% off!
Looking forward to a great 2014! Cheers!

Sharing with:

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips