Home Confetti: SAYING GOODBYE TO THE ELF ON THE SHELF

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

SAYING GOODBYE TO THE ELF ON THE SHELF

Have you had an elf perched on your shelf this month?  Our elf's name is Holly. Here are just some of the funny scenarios we found her in when we woke up in the morning!
The Elf on the Shelf was new to our house this year. I wasn't quite sure how to have her leave the house until I found this cute poem idea here on Pinterest.  We woke up this morning with Holly under the tree, holding the poem with her goodbye written in Skittles and Smarties.  I explained to Renee and Siena that Holly will be leaving with Santa tonight.  They are sad to see her go.
Besides being entertaining, Holly was really helpful to me in the parenting department.  She actually got my girls out of bed without me hounding them in the morning.  They were so anxious to see what she got herself into, they would pop up out of bed.  That was an unexpected benefit!

We'll miss Holly and the magic she brought into the house.  I'll be sure to collect more ideas for her return next year!

What funny scenarios did you put your elf in??

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips