Remember this fun "Love Juice" idea that was featured on Tatertots & Jello for Valentine's Day? I actually made them for my girls' preschool class and they loved it. Well, I'm taking that idea and modifying it for Halloween. The Love Juice now becomes Pumpkin Juice!
What you need:
- Small bottle of water
- Green curling ribbon
- "On the Go" drink powder packets. I used Market Pantry (Target brand) in Tangerine Strawberry flavor. It was a bit on the red side. Next time I'm going to try the regular Tangerine flavor.
- Black Sharpie
- Hole puncher (not shown)
- Straw (not shown, optional)
- Pumpkin Juice labels (Download word doc here) (Download PDF version here)
- Remove the label from the water bottle
- Draw a Jack O'Lantern face on the water bottle with your Sharpie
- Print out the labels either on Avery labels, or on heavy white paper, and affix to packets
- Put a hole at one end of the packet. *Be careful not to get too close to the inside of packet to avoid opening the contents.*
- Cut a long piece of curling ribbon and put it through the packet's hole. Before you tie the packet to the water bottle, put the straw in place first, and then tie the ribbon on–also securing the straw to the bottle.
The kids will get a kick out of seeing their pumpkin get its color! (I poured the whole packet which made the color and taste really saturated; just pour in half the contents) Renee and Siena are already enjoying their bottles!