I want to surprise the girls with a little something at the breakfast table the morning of their first big day at school. When this idea of a rocket came to mind, I thought "perfect!" Perfect because there was a good saying to go along with it, but even more perfect because I can fill the rocket with some goodies (Update: See the back to school goodies I made here) And I already have everything on hand. And I bet you do, too. Plus, I've given you the printable in different colors to make it even easier to make!
All you need is:
- A 16 oz. cup
- White card stock for the top
- Curling ribbon
- Double-sided tape
- Printable. Download here.
- Little goodies for inside
Feel free to decorate it as you wish, but here are the basics of what I did:
- Print and cut out your color choice of the download. Attach it to the cup with the double-sided tape.
- Cut a circle approximately 6 1/2" in diameter from your white card stock. Cut one slit from the outer edge to the middle to create the cone rocket top. Tape closed.
- Cut and attach pieces of curling ribbon to the inside bottom of the rocket top, and set it on top of the cup.
- That's it! I wouldn't glue the top to the cup, just to make it easy for the kids to open it.
THEN, when they're ready to walk out the door that morning, put up streamers to help them "blast off" to school!