Home Confetti: Back to School Goodies

Friday, August 19, 2011

Back to School Goodies

The other day I shared with you the "rocket" I plan on putting on the girls' breakfast table the morning of their first big day of school. Thanks to my sister-in-law, and a couple of wonderful ideas in blogland, here are the items I'm going to put inside. I think they'll be really happy! They're all items you can make yourself!

1) BAG TAG. My sister-in-law was kind enough to send these butterfly bag tags for each of the girls, along with other labels for their lunchboxes, etc. You can easily make a similar bag tag with all the free printables around right now. My favorite is from Anders Ruff here. They have a bag tag for boys and girls. Just print it, laminate it, punch a hole and add a cord.

2) AFTER SCHOOL SNACK. Something for the girls to look forward to when they get home. Also a good time to find out how their first day went! That cute circle tag is a free printable from Eighteen25 here.

3) CLAY STAMPED CHARM: Something for the girls to wear on their first day. Originally I was going to stamp a heart, but once I saw the butterfly bag tag, I figured I'd make a matching set. Plus, my girls LOVE butterflies. The charm is really easy to make. I followed this thorough tutorial at Then She Made here I pretty much followed her entire instructions with a few minor exceptions. I didn't apply a craft paint or Mod Podge the finished charm. All I did was spray it with a Clear Glaze I had. I used a toothpick to make the hole in the charm, and I used a "crinkle cutter" found in the clay dept at Michaels to cut out the form. So easy. And even a great craft to do at parties!

So, there you have it! I hope you have some fun with your kids' first day back at school!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips