Home Confetti: St. Pat's "Pot of Gold" Kids Game

Friday, March 11, 2011

St. Pat's "Pot of Gold" Kids Game


If you have a small cauldron pot from Halloween--here is a great and very inexpensive game idea for St. Paddy's Day. This is a concept from Family Fun magazine that I used for our Halloween party last year, and am now adapting for St. Patrick's Day.

What You Need:
  • One small cauldron pot to share, or one cauldron per child (multi-packs are easy to find now at party stores)
  • One straw per child
  • Color card stock or paper
  • For the coins I used this template
  • If you're using this for a playdate or party, you can download my printable
The Game:
Using the straw as a "vacuum" the child picks up a "gold coin" and transfers it into the "pot of gold." If you go with the multi-pack, give each child his own pot. Whoever gets the most gold coins in, during a specified time, wins.

This kept my girls entertained for a long while. Even if you don't use it for St. Paddy's Day, I suggest making your own variation of it and keeping it on hand for rainy days!

Linking up to:

4 comments:

  1. What a fun game. I think my oldest would have a blast with this. Thank you for sharing. I'm a new follower. Hope to see you at DIY Home Sweet Home on Monday for More The Merrier Mondays Link Party.

    http://diyhshp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great game! I am going to try it with my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun game!!!
    I knew I should have grabbed up some cauldrons on clearance, after Halloween!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun!!! I'll have to try this with my kids!

    Thanks for sharing at the For the Kids Friday Link Party at Sun Scholars! I look forward to having you back this Friday!

    ReplyDelete

 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips