Home Confetti: Craft Test: Country Living Paper Wreath

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Craft Test: Country Living Paper Wreath

A week or so ago I posted a Halloween wreath project from Country Living on Home Confetti's Facebook page. Yesterday, I got the chance to make it. I like to review my experience with a project to share anything I may have learned or tips in making it. This one was fairly easy and I was pretty happy with the results, although my finished wreath looks a little different than their's. The photo above is Country Living's finished wreath. If you missed the posted project on Facebook, click here to go to Country Living's tutorial.

Now onto mine. First thing to make sure you do is purchase the WIDE styrofoam wreath. I used a 12" styrofoam wreath from Joanne's. (It was $5.99 but got 40% off that with a coupon.) There is a "skinny" styrofoam wreath--that is not the one you want. Here's a photo of the back of the wreath so you can see what the wide wreath looks like. You need the wide version to be able to pin three layers of crepe paper across it.


So, follow Country Living's directions pinning the crepe paper across and around the wreath. I used regular pins and used 3-4 pins across each row. NOW, when it came to the hanging ribbon in the middle--that's where mine looks different. They must have used a wider sized crepe paper than I did--I just bought mine at Party City for $1. When I added the hanging crepe paper in the middle, it looked a little wimpy to me... so I added some ribbon (that I bought at Wal-Mart for $1) to give it an accent and dress it up a little. And I'm pretty satisfied with it. I'm going to hang this on our door next week. Luckily, we do have a front porch that should protect it from any rain, wind, etc. We'll see how it holds up! Below is a photo of my finished wreath.


If you have tried any of the projects I've posted, I would LOVE to see and even share your photos! And if you haven't joined Home Confetti on Facebook, make sure to visit the Home Confetti page and hit "Like" so you don't miss out on all the extra "confetti"!

1 comment:

  1. I actually really like the addition of the ribbon. The polka dots add some depth. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete

 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips