Home Confetti: Classroom Halloween Treats

Friday, October 8, 2010

Classroom Halloween Treats

In Colorado we aren't permitted to bring homemade snacks as a classroom treat. You can imagine how much that bugs me every time I see an adorably decorated cupcake, an oreo pop, chocolate covered pretzel or other cute idea posted somewhere! So, I was searching the blogs this last week looking for something Renee and Siena can give their classmates for Halloween that could be made with a prepackaged candy. I found this great bat chocolate bar wrapper on Skip To My Lou. So cute and I already have the black card stock and googly eyes--so this is what I'm going to do! There is also a mummy version on there, too. I thought I'd share this and a couple of other ideas in case you face the same challenge. And if you have any ideas you want to share, I would love to see them! For the template and tutorial on the above bat (and mummy) candy wrapper, click here.


Here's a cute creature that's easy to make and the children will love! Just wrap 4 chenille stems (which back in my school days were called pipe cleaners!) around a lollipop. Then use glue dots to attach googly eyes. Photo source found via Frost Me here.


Or find a spookatcular way to package some store-bought candy. This package uses takeout-styled boxes (you can purchase from OrientalTrading.com). Use either foam stickers or card stock cut-outs for the face. Parents magazine gives you the bat wing template here.

And don't forget some of the easy lollipop ideas I've given you on Home Confetti's Facebook page. The Tootsie Pop Pumpkins (see here) and these sweet ideas here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips