Home Confetti: My Super Easy Advent Calendar

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

My Super Easy Advent Calendar



Last year we made a cute Advent Calendar using whimsical holiday socks and the year before we made this tree cone one inspired by Eighteen25.  I do like to change it up every year, so I don't like to spend a lot just to put an Advent Calendar together.  So, when I was shopping around in Walmart and saw these Dixie cups, along with these glitter chenille stems, I knew what I was going to do for this year's calendar.
This couldn't be any easier because the cups are already in a fun pattern.  To make the cups look more like buckets, I cut the top strip of stripes off.  (Use a scissor instead of an exacto knife to get a straighter edge.)  Then, I cut the glitter sticks in half and used glue dots to adhere them onto the inside of the cups.  Since they're styrofoam cups, you don't want to use a hot glue gun.  So, they look like this:


They would make cute treat pails just the way they are too!  Since I don't have the best handwriting, and I didn't want to cover the polka dots, I didn't include numbers.  So, using a ribbon and some holiday clothes pins I already had, I hung them across the mantle.  I think they look so fun!  The girls will love counting down the "12 Days of Christmas!"
If you need more ideas, check out my Pinterest board dedicated to Advent Calendars here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips