Home Confetti: Advent Calendars

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Advent Calendars

Do you make an Advent Calendar? Inspired by the one from Eighteen25 here, this is the one I made last year. My girls loved it! It realy helped with the constant question "How many more days until Christmas?!" I really made an effort to make each cone surprise an activity, instead of candy or small tokens.

I am definitely looking forward to making one for this Christmas. Here are a few ideas I found around blogland that are definitely inspiring me. Make sure to visit my post from last year here, too, for more Advent Calendar ideas.

This first one from Martha Stewart might be the one I end up making if I can find the cute socks. I also like the mitten calendar from Bear, Dolly and Moi.

These two are a bit more non-traditional. The first one from Just a Girl makes a nice focal point on a table, and is not so obvious. If you visit her post, she has a good list of advent activity ideas. And the next one from Oopsey Daisy, is one big activity in itself–add a piece of Santa's beard for each day.

How cute is this garland of snowmen from Whimsy Love?! It's made with those vending machine capsules (which I've seen at Party City). Not only is it a cute idea for an Advent Calendar--it's a great idea for a winter party. They would make great party favors.

Post your Advent Calendar on my Facebook page here. I would love to see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips