Home Confetti: Mini Bundt Pumpkin Cakes

Friday, October 12, 2012

Mini Bundt Pumpkin Cakes



I'm in a mini-dessert phase.  If you follow me on Facebook, you got a peek at the mini pumpkin donuts I made for my kids school Fall social last night.  Earlier this week, my daugher's friend was over for dinner.  I always like to have a fun surprise, so I made these mini bundt cake pumpkins.  The pan gives the cakes the perfect shape!  I just added food coloring to a vanilla cake mix and used pretzel rods for the stems.  They almost look better plain than decorated.  
If you want to look for this pan, here's a photo of the original packaging.  
It's not the same as the fluted muffin pans you see in craft stores.  You don't want the hole in the middle that you get with fluted pans because you need your "stem" to stick into the cake to hold it in place.

You can make these little gems as a dessert for any Fall party, or make them as a decorating activity for kids this season.  This is what Renee and Siena did with their friend as an after dinner treat.  (Dark so not the best photo!)  They thought their mini pumpkins were the cutest things ever!



Hope you get to enjoy a Fall activity this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips