Home Confetti: Free Printables: Summer Badges

Friday, May 25, 2012

Free Printables: Summer Badges

Renee and Siena have only one more week of kindergarten left.  (Break out the tissue box!)  So, I've been thinking about the different things we can do over the Summer.  There are the "Summer Fun Lists" and "Mom I'm Bored Jars," but I tried something last year that seemed to work and wanted to share it with you–Summer Badges. Together, we set different goals for each of them.  For instance, as much as Renee loves to spend time in the water, she still won't go entirely underwater.  So, that will be one of her goals this Summer. Siena can almost tie her own shoelaces--so to do it completely on her own will be a goal for her.  What makes the badges really motivating, is that the front of their bedroom door becomes a "Badge Display Wall."  It's funny how they really want to fill the wall and show off their badges at the end of the Summer!  The badges are just a little push to help with, and recognize, those milestones that mean so much to a child.

I've come up with different badges as free printables for you, and have also included blank ones if you want to write in your own goals.  (There are a total of 6 pages in the free printables.)  I'll report back at the end of the Summer to let you know how my girls did.  I would love to know what your child is hoping to accomplish this Summer!


4 comments:

  1. Hi RoseMarie
    Oh my! These are fabulous! Very fun!

    We would LOVE for you to stop over and link up this awesome idea in our Crafty Saturday Showcase. The Showcase runs Saturday through Thursday. Then our Designers will pick their top linked up picks and feature them on Friday! Stop over and join in the fun! We have a linky for crafty bloggers and ETSY/Business Bloggers!

    Have a great weekend,
    Susie
    http://bowdabrablog.com/2012/05/26/saturday-showcase-craft-projects-3/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! Sending this to my daughter for my g-son's this summer. She just made a "Mommy, I'm bored" Jar that is posted on my blog. The badges would be a great addition to some of the activities that she has put into the jar.

    http://projectqueen.org/thursdays-with-tracie-mommy-im-bored-jar

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful idea! I hope to make one for my son about bike riding and maybe another for my younger son to celebrate successful potty training. I hope!!
    Found you through Skip to my Lou. I linked up there too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these! My five year old daughter would be thrilled with the cartwheel one :)

    I'm hosting a brand new link party called {living the width} over at my blog, The Terpblog. The party is focused on intentional living and all types of posts are welcome. I hope you'll link up! Thanks!

    http://theterpblog.blogspot.com/2012/05/new-living-width-volume-i.html

    ReplyDelete

 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips