So, this is not so much a tutorial, but more of a know-how on what I used to create the cake centerpiece as the focal point for the tea party table.
- 1 Pre-made yellow foam crown from Michaels ($1)
- 1 Package of Heart Picks (6 for $1 at Dollar Store)
- 3 Sheets of red diamond scrapbook paper (Valentine's clearance $.29 per sheet)
- 4 sheets of yellow scrapbook paper ($.59 each) (I ended up not using the purple sheets)
- 2 Red glitter foam sheets
- Double-sided tape
- Mod Podge and foam brush
- One 9.5" Paper Mache Round "Hat Box" ($2.25 - was 50% off at Hobby Lobby)
- One 13" Paper Mache Round "Hat Box" ($3.00 - was 50% off at Hobby Lobby)
Money-saving tip: If you know in advance what kind of party you're having, you'll save money. The heart scrapbook paper was on clearance after Valentine's Day. Plus, you have time to watch for sales, as I did with the hat boxes. My husband thinks I'm crazy for planning far in advance, but I wish he'd acknowledge the money I save!
Below is a glance of what I did to bring it all together. Each component sat on one another; they weren't physically glued together.
If you're just joining Home Confetti, you can find the original party posts here, here and here.