I don't know how to make the PDFs editable, but you can insert them into another program (like Powerpoint) and add a text box to add your own custom wording, or write it by hand.
And if you do use the Banner printable, here is how I made the banner.
- Print out the banner PDF on white cardstock
- To get a straight edge, I used painter's tape and masked the outer edges of the inside box. (Make sure you're using the right set of lines)
- I applied Elmer's Glue to the box around the letter with a foam brush.
- Next, I sprinkled on the red glitter. The glitter I used was on the bigger side. The finer your glitter, the better your results.
- Don't wait too long to remove the painter's tape. It's not like walls--it will pull on the cardstock if left on too long. Shake off excess glitter.
- I made a few touch-ups here and there, filling in some gaps
- Once completely dry, trim the edges with scalloped scissors. You can do this step first if you think it's easier to do when the glitter is not on.
It is time-consuming to get all the letters done. I did it in a few sittings. But it's well worth the effort. I haven't met a little girl that doesn't love glitter! Enjoy!