Home Confetti: Easy Tortellini Pasta Salad

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Easy Tortellini Pasta Salad


We went to a friend's house for a barbecue last weekend.  When I asked her what I should bring, she just answered, "Bring something Italian. My husband loves your Italian cooking.".... Okay... I don't really think of Italian food when it comes to barbecues, but of course there's a good ol' pasta salad.  So, I decided to make a tortellini salad.  I love the different colors - red, green, white - kind of like the Italian flag. ha! (I took a quick photo on my kitchen table before walking out the door!)  Let me tell you - there were only 3 couples there and this whole bowl went arrivederci! My poor husband was hoping for leftovers.

I got the easy recipe from The Alchemist.  Before you jump over there to check it out, just two notes on what I did differently:
- I only used about 1/2 bag of baby spinach
- I used Ken's Northern Italian salad dressing

Now go to the recipe here and make it for your next barbecue! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips