Home Confetti: Semi-homemade Lalaloopsy Wreath

Monday, April 22, 2013

Semi-homemade Lalaloopsy Wreath




My girls have picked a Lalaloopsy theme for their birthday party in early June.  Renee was actually a Lalaloopsy for Halloween and is still in love with the dolls! The party is less than 2 months away but the planning has already started!  There is going to be a lot of DIY done for this party so I need to start early. I always like to pick the theme a little early too so I can take advantage of any sales, make multiple coupon visits to Michaels--you get it!  Like in this case, Walmart still has some Easter items on clearance... and I spotted this wreath.

If you're not familiar with Lalaloopsy, the imagery weighs heavily on orange, pink and polka dots.  This could not be any more perfect.... and it was 75% off!  I couldn't resist, so bought the wreath for about $7.  Even if I tried to buy the individual items (ribbon, styrofoam wreath, tulle, etc.) I would have spent at least $20 so this was definitely a deal worth snatching!

I pulled off the eggs and wiry decor.  Hot glued buttons on the flowers, printed out and glued on a few Lalaloopsy images and added a "Welcome" mini garland/bunting free from The Tomkat Studio you can find here.  Voila!  My welcome wreath is already done for the party!
One project done, about 20 more to go!  How early do you get started for your parties??

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips