Home Confetti: This Week's Tip-off: Upgrade a Store Bought Cake

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

This Week's Tip-off: Upgrade a Store Bought Cake



I admit I have done this before, but with cupcakes.  Because I couldn't get that look of thick piped frosting, I purchased cupcakes, then embellished them with candy roses and those little edible pearls.  They looked great!

Here, Susan at Oh My! Creative started with a plain yellow 2-tiered store bought cake and turned it into a fun cake worthy of a party! Even if you buy the cake, it usually turns out to be less expensive decorating it yourself than ordering a full cake with the custom decor.

This is a great shortcut, or if you have a sudden emergency (i.e. cake falls off the counter-gasp!) this is a great solution.

Find the original post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips