Home Confetti: Quin-wow

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Quin-wow

I have to admit, that until about a year ago, I didn't even know what quinoa was... and now I see at least one recipe that lists quinoa as an ingredient in nearly every website or magazine I read. It may be the grain "of the moment" but it does have a few great benefits... it doesn't really have a distinguishable flavor so it can be easily incorporated into recipes; a nice crunch that makes it a nice addition to salads and cookies and it contains more protein than most other grains. SO, since my husband has been on a health-kick, I decided to make this salad and I have to say--pretty simple, and really good. I've been bringing it to BBQs and it's always nearly gone. A great "go-to" recipe for the summer, since it's highly unlikely someone else will make the same thing! I actually double the dressing to make sure that every grain gets that citrus-y flavor. Enjoy!

Click here for the recipe at Family Fun

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips